Saturday, September 02, 2006

The journey begins

I never thought how many anecdotes would carrya Barcelona Tblilis flight.
On friday 1st, I had to work till 15:00 and then my dad had to take me directly from the office to Barcelona airport.

First I had to meet my father somewhere in front of the office building but I had forgotten his mobile number so I just went out the street to look for it. I took the wrong direction and was a college who recognize my father (qwuite easy, a car, with a bicycle, backpack and painers inside) and indicates him where I was.

Once in the car while heading to the highway I checked if I had all the documents: Air tickets and passport. But the passport wasn't there. Were the hell is it? Before leaving work I did a ... FOTOCOPY of it !!! Damm !!! it's in the office.
Dad,stop !!!
Back to the office, direct to the fotocopy machine, and right there, smashed between the cover and the glass my passport.

Nothing else till the airport. No problem, sending the bicycle but not the same with my backpack, with the walking sticks and piolet outside. It needed a special box provided by Lufthansa. However, the boy in charge of this stuff, it is not there. It is not till 17:30 that they are able to take the backpack to the airplane. I've had to be more than hour and a half checking it to get sure they did (just in case).

Once in Munich I get surpised in how modern is the airport. While heading to my boarding gate I see a brand new PRIVATE shop with its videos, afrodisiac wines and sex toys for anyone who wish buy them.

I take the plane to Tbilisi with some delay but not other inconvenience till the final destination.
However, once there, I didn't find David, my contact for climbing Kazbegi but he apeared at last half past four, one hour afeter arrival and when I was starting to consider quite seriously to surrender to taxi drivers and take a ride to some centric hotel.

At least, I reached the guesthouse about 5:00 a.m in the morning, quite tired. A fantastic flat centraly located. With a really big room with 4m high cellings, 4 beds, a sofa and a fireplace, and a host, who told me she was matemathician and painter, her dauther painter too with exibhitions held in Moscow galleries and already preparing a exhibition in Washington.
The trip had begun.